Monday, March 28, 2011

a real postman

An article about the postman in a megazine moved me great because I have experienced all the emotions e expressed there in and am sharing
my reminiscens of our local post man.His memory fills me with joy as well as sorrow,.He was duty minded and was very strict.He will never handover a letter to anyone else unless he was sure of himself about the final destination of the letter..Me and my friends use to wait at the post office itself.As per his moods he will finger at individuals who draw a blank on that day and will not allow them to remain in the premises.Sometimes we used to follow him like children following a boom boom bullock and his mentor, until he chooses his place for some disposal before his round of streets.A very pious man, Anchaneya bhakta , straight forward man and equally a short tempered man.WE celebrate anjaneya mahotswam in our place and during the discourses if the subject touches,Anjaneya"s adventures ,NAIDU sir as we call him with most affection will be inspired and will jump and make noises and will dance crying anjaneya ,Anjaneya shedding tears.He never had a cycle and will walk streets aroundThiruvanikoil streets even in hot summer.I profoundly reget that I didn"t even think to thank him for his servicesWHEN HE RETIRED.now I shed a tear for that man and hate myself for not being grateful to NAIDU SIR,who is no more on earth.

2 comments:

aarthi said...

Hi Pappa,

It was a very touching one!!! My salute to NAIDU SIR...i was able to feel your mood when u wrote this b'cos your thoughts are so expressive and realistic.

Aarthi Aravind

Unknown said...

Wow! pappa, you have now become a pro at blogs too. A very interesting one.